Saturday, May 14, 2011

Thursday

Thursday was great.  Lila took a 2 hour nap from 10-12, which was awesome.  She woke up at 6:30 again, which is earlier than usual for her, but seems to be her time-of-choice this week.  I took a shower while Jake was still here.  I slept for an hour and a half while she did, which was also awesome, I really needed it.

Jake came home for lunch shortly after we woke up.  He changed the code on our garage door openers.  Something kind of creepy happened yesterday.  We had just gotten home from Target and I had parked in the garage and was pulling Lila out of the car.  I looked out to the street (the garage door was still open) and happened to see a familiar red van driving by.  I recognized the van as the previous owners' van. As they were driving by, our garage door closed!  I hadn't pressed anything, so we think the owners must still have a garage door opener.  Creepy.  On Thursday and Friday, the van was parked across the street at our neighbors' house--they were having another one of their garage sales, where they sell a bunch of beauty products that I suspect she gets from couponing.  On Thursday during lunch, Jake was considering going over there to talk to them about it.  I would've died of embarrassment and I begged him not to.  He didn't, but only because he didn't want to get our neighbors, the LaFrends, involved.  Phew.

The only other thing I remember about Thursday is that Jake had his meeting at 6... so Lila and I went to Rand and Lynn Johnson's for the evening.  Jenny Anderson, who lived here when we first moved here (we were VT companions at the 1st ward, and then she was a member of the KUB, I think), was visiting from Utah and they were having a little open house for her.  We weren't particularly close, but she was excited to see me and to meet Lila.  I just love the Johnsons.  It was really nice visiting with them.  I talked mostly with Sister Johnson, who seems so much more relaxed and happy than she ever was when Rand was branch president :)  Lila had a blast walking around.  Desiree and Jana came eventually, so I got to see that little baby Jarom again.  Talked with the Johnsons about Mike and Cassandra; they're very happy.  Sister Johnson was confused at first though because she didn't realize Mike was the brother in Battle Creek who was married.

So we got home and Lila went to bed a little later than usual.  I was up late waiting for Jake to get home from his meeting, which went till around 11:00.  They were being trained by Elder Selden, our area authority seventy, I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment