Wednesday, May 4, 2011

5w 6d

I will be 6 weeks along tomorrow.  Still at the very beginning stages.... which is hard because I worry a lot about something being wrong and not knowing about it.  When I was about 6 1/2 weeks along with Lila I got an ultrasound because I was spotting a lot and we got to see her heartbeat.  I kind of doubt that I will get to have an ultrasound until 19 weeks along.  I called and made my first appointment yesterday.  Two weeks from yesterday... May 17th at 12:15!  And then the second one is June 16th.  I'm always pretty scared of having a miscarriage.  I don't think about it or dwell on it a lot, but it's something in the back of my mind.  It makes me realize how much I want this pregnancy and want this baby.  We could have a Christmas baby!  Or a New Year's baby!  How fun!

How I'm feeling... pretty good.  I need to eat and drink a little more than normal, and at night I get a teeny bit queasy and pretty bloated.  My tummy sticks out pretty far.

Other thoughts I'm having... I really hope I don't get as big as I did with Lila.  I'm wondering if I just ate too much.  I don't really think so... I was really swollen and had a lot of water-weight.  But I'm going to try to exercise more and eat healthier.  I think exercising more will be a lot easier, with a little one to take care of, a new neighborhood to walk in, and the whole summer and fall to enjoy.

I checked out the baby board I used to read when I was pregnant with Lila, and went to the December 2011 boards.  That helped me be a little more excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment