Tuesday, November 15, 2011

New News

Another busy, busy weekend!  Life is pretty crazy right now.  I'm so tired.

Friday after Lila's naps I decided to run some errands.  I went to Kohl's to get more clothes for Lila and two king sized pillows--I had a 30% coupon.  I'm going back today to do more Christmas shopping.  Then I stopped at Lowe's to buy the paint for Jared's room.  Alicia offered to watch Lila that evening so that Jake and I could paint, so she was there from 5-7:30 or so.  We got one coat of edging done and then called it a night because Jake's family was going to arrive soon.  So Jake picked Lila up.  And then his parents, Dan, Jim/Angela/Emily came over.  It was fun visiting together again and we were up late.  Lila loved playing with her cousin and her uncles.  She loves Grandpa and had to get used to Grandma.  But it was good to see everyone.

SO.  This just in: Mike and Cassandra are getting married at 3pm in Nauvoo on December 30th.  I'm just going to assume that Jake and I aren't going, as our baby will only be a week old and I will still be very much recovering from all that fun stuff.  Lori is planning on coming down the week before Christmas.  I'm guessing that everyone who is going will head to Nauvoo the day before, the 29th.  Jim, Angela, and Emily will be leaving for Columbia for 3 weeks on December 26th, so they won't be going either.  Is it just me or is it weird that they're planning their wedding for a time when two of Mike's siblings can't be there?  (And two that could actually see the sealing.)  Anyway.  Mike said that Melissa and Anna will be flying out for it, so we'll at least get to see them and they'll get to meet the baby, which is really cool.  They're planning on having a reception in Kalamazoo the next day, New Years Eve, so we'll at least be able to go to that for a little bit.  Me in all my postpartum glory.  Yikes.

So, I'm thinking this will be a very crazy few weeks for Jake and I and our little family.  Lots of commotion and stimulation for Lila... all happening at the same time, with all the visitors in our home.  Jim and Lori I think will be very helpful, Dan keeps to himself.  Don't know if Sam will be coming.  Melissa and Anna will be helpful too... Anna and Lila can play together kind of, and Melissa's just awesome anyway.  I just think a house full of people when we have a new baby will probably be a little stressful for me, so I don't know what to do about that.  Not much we can do.  But, it'll be nice to have lots of extra hands to help out and to make us food and watch Lila so that we can get some rest.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, totally stressful to have people in your house post-baby! Good luck, I hope it's not too overwhelming. Don't feel guilty locking yourself in the nursery or your room to take a nap!

    ReplyDelete