Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Another Email

Sent Tuesday, November 15, 2011 @ 6:41 pm

 Hi Rudi,

Another long day here.  It's not even 6 but it feels really late.  We are on our way to the airport to drop off the car, and then we'll cab to the hotel, then get dinner, then go to bed, then get up early to cab to the airport, then fly home.  It would make more sense to simply stay at a hotel near the airport, but it turns out that would be quite a bit more expensive!  Those rooms go for a premium.

We started the day waking up at the Crowne Plaza, had some breakfast, which wasn't great...the best part was the oatmeal, and it was a little watery.  But, still healthyish and filling. 

We then had a good meeting at Janssen where we met about the project we are currently doing and how we will be expanding the project.  The currently $51k project will probably turn into $150k+.  

Next, we drove 2 hours to Synthes, stopping for lunch at a Cheesecake Factory (I had the Thai lettuce wraps but none of us had time to get cheesecake).  

Our meeting at Synthes was ok.  Jen and Phil felt that it was horrible.  Basically, the people we met with are at the bottom of the totem pole, and can't really get us the business.  But, we'll work our way slowly in and probably eventually get hooked up with the right people to make our way into that company.  

Being out here with these two on this sales call has helped me realize just how awesome Maestro is and how easy it is to sell what we do.  Don't get me wrong, Phil and Jen are really good, but we have some awesome stuff to sell with.  I think if we had a larger dedicated sales force, we would get so much business that we couldn't handle it all.  

Last night I was talking with Jen, and she says the next big thing she wants to do is build up a strong sales force and marketing team.  It would be pretty cool if Tagg works out and if he's the right fit at this time for us.  Anyway, I'm glad that we haven't blown up our sales force yet, because I am really learning how to grow our internal team.  I think we'll meet up at about the right time.  It will be somewhat of a struggle, and it has been since I started in this role (to have enough people but not too many to do all of the work we have) but I think we'll en up ok.  

David Cook met with Norm today and had a good interview.  We want to hire him fast, but need to meet once more, so tomorrow at 6pm, I'll be meeting him with Jen for about a half hour to final interview and if Jen feels good about him, make him an offer.  So, I will be home late.  Sorry about that, but it was literally the only time that we and he could meet up this week yet.  

Anyway, sounds like you had a little bit of a crazy night/morning with Lila.  I sure miss the two of you a lot.  I am really excited to be home with you tomorrow night.  Do we have any plans for Friday?

I hope you had a good day today and your night isn't too crazy.  I'll have my own room tonight so when I finally get in, which will probably be after 10, we can chat, if you're up.  

Love you lots sweetheart, and I miss you a lot!  Please give Lila some kisses for me,

Jake

No comments:

Post a Comment