Monday, November 21, 2011

Megan Schmidt engaged!

Oh, I don't think I've written that Megan Schmidt is ENGAGED!  Sometimes I wondered if I'd ever see the day. :)  I don't know many details, mostly just from Facebook and her blog.  I did get a text from her about a month ago saying that she was engaged and that they're getting married on December 16th in the Spokane temple.  From what I've gathered (Facebook stalking!) he's Emily's age, which is kind of funny and weird, and looks a lot like Megan's brothers.  But he's cute and they look really happy together.  I'm so happy for my dear friend.  Her parents moved to Montana, so they don't live in Esky anymore and I think it'll be quite a while until I see her again.  This is from her blog--so funny to hear her talking this way... she's one of my last LDS friends to get married:

Adam and I are getting married in the Spokane temple on December 16th 2011!  I know it's fast, I know it's soon, but I also know that it's right.
    His proposal was so adorable.  I got off work at 7 on Saturday morning.  We always had this little joke that some day he'd be waiting at my house for me to come home from work so I could sleep in his arms, of course that never happened.  Who wakes up before 7 on a Saturday? But secretly I always hoped he would someday.  As I drove up to my house everything was normal, but then I saw his car in my driveway. It was pretty well hidden by my neighbor's bushes.  Then I looked up over our hedges at our front door and there he was sitting on the front step.  (he had been waiting out in the cold for over 20 minutes just in case I came home early!) As I approached him he told me to take off my gloves, got down on one knee, told me how much he loved me, and pulled out the box with the ring.  It was wonderful.  Then we went inside.....he had snuck into my house (both my roommates were out of town) and made us breakfast!  What a wonderful surprise on a most wonderful morning!  I can't wait for us to start our life together!

No comments:

Post a Comment