Thursday, October 27, 2011

Tonight With Lila

Tonight I had bedtime duty by myself because Jake had his meeting. Since Lila slept in till nearly 10 today, I knew it would be a late night. (She was up crying in pain at 1am last night. Finally got her calmed down and she wanted to watch the Backyardigans, so I let her because I figured/hoped she would fall asleep doing so. Nope. She finally fell asleep again at 2:30.).

After I took a shower and she took a bath, we got our jammies on and went downstairs to play. I watched The Office and she played Daddy's drums. And we had snacks.

And then we sat upstairs together for the best hour of my day. We read scriptures and then she spent a long time gently wiping her face with a baby wipe. She loves being clean. She sweetly hopped back and forth across the couch, from my arms to the other end. She held me tight when the train went by because it was scary. And then she held me for a while just because she liked it. Oh, how I love that little girl. She is so sweet. I feel so blessed to be her mommy and to be her favorite person in the world, for now anyway.

I think she's going to be a wonderful, nurturing older sister. She's so helpful and gentle and follows directions very well for a little one her age. I can tell that she and I are going to be great friends someday. It is one of the greatest joys and privileges of my life to nurture her and our relationship as mother and daughter.

No comments:

Post a Comment