Saturday, February 5, 2011

Snow Day & A Fever

On Wednesday, Jake got to sleep in till 8.  Lila woke up briefly at 8:20, but then slept until 9:40.  Both of her naps were over an hour.  Must be tired.  We kind of bugged Jake throughout the day, while he was working in the office.  He took a short lunch break.  And then as 5:00 approached he stopped working.  Emily came over around 2 and Mike got here around 4.  The two of them went to the mall.  Mike asked Emily to help him pick out some new clothes, particularly an outfit for the upcoming YSA Valentine's Day dance :)  That's adorable.  He ended up getting a new wardrobe, basically, because he's lost so much weight that none of his old clothes fit him.  Not that his old clothes were very stylish.  So it's a fresh new start and he looks great.  Emily had a lot of fun giving him a "makeover."  She's amazed with how easy it is to dress a guy, she's never got shopping with one before.  They came over afterward and Mike modeled his new clothes for us.  Fun times.

Jake woke up at 3am that night to order his iPhone from Verizon.  We did not sleep well that night.  Lila was up a LOT... moaning and tossing and turning.  She felt warm, but I figured it was because she had too many blankets on.  So we didn't sleep well.  As I was laying there half-awake, helping her get back to sleep, I remember feeling SOOO grateful to be a mom.  Seriously, because that may sound sarcastic.  I just felt so much love and happiness, it felt like... sunshine. lol.  Maybe I was dreaming.  Sleeping with Lila is still a joy, and I recognize it more now that we tried the cry-it-out thing.  I just love it.  It's one of the greatest joys of my life, to have her close to me.

Thursday morning, after Lila got up at 10, I took her temperature and it was 101. :(  Poor baby.  I don't ever remember her having a fever before, even when she's had ear infections.  So after taking Tylenol, her fever did go down eventually.  Today she doesn't have a fever.  Yesterday was pretty boring, though.  Same old stuff, except Lila's naps weren't great either... waking up coughing, etc.  Puked a time or two.

Jake got home after 6.  I was so happy to see him.  We went out for dinner because I hadn't left the apartment since Monday and I was going stir crazy!  We went to Panera and had fun visiting.  Boy, I've been pretty hormonal lately--a little more touchy and emotional than usual.  (Not pregnant.)  I just need to relax a little.

We let Lila stay up till 9:30 in the living room with us so we could watch The Office. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment