Monday, February 28, 2011

Church, Sunday Drive, Photo Shoot

Saturday night we actually stayed up way too late watching Parks and Rec.  It's a funny show!

Lila was up at 7:30 again.  We felt dumb for staying up too late watching Parks and Rec :) 

Church was good.  Standard.  Jake took Lila to the nursing home during 2nd hour.  She fell asleep on the way back to church, so he drove around and looked at some of the neighborhoods/houses we were thinking about viewing.  Then he sat in the car and waited for me for a half hour.  I didn't know he was out there after church, so I just went to choir.  (He had my phone in the diaper bag.)  Jake finally came in to get me.  We had lunch and then he was gone home teaching for 2 hours.  When he got home, Lila needed another nap, so we went driving to look at more houses.  We checked out one in particular that we're interested in.  Lila pooped big time on the way home.  It was a fun way to spend the evening, driving around, visiting, relaxing.

Dinner was great.  We made quesadillas.  Played with Lila.  She's walking a little better now and standing up more.  Being more adventurous.  And funny too.  She's been a little better about eating and drinking this weekend.  She doesn't necessarily eat food, but she's sucking on chips and crackers more than she used to, and on Saturday she drank an ounce or two of water from my water bottle and last night drank a lot of water out of my cup!  We tried giving her a few sips of juice after that, but she made a sour face and stopped drinking after that.  I'm thinking she has a weird food texture problem that may even require texture therapy (a form of occupational therapy... I've been doing some reading about it online).  I'm going to talk to her doctor about it the next time we go in (in a few weeks).

After she went to bed at 9, we cleaned up and wrote some emails.  Jake wrote our realtor about houses we'd like and wouldn't like to see.  I wrote Mike.  Mike is in California this week on business.  I'll write a post about what's up with him later.

We were up late again, till almost midnight.

This morning Lila was up at 7:30 again (maybe this will be a regular thing now).  At 10 we went to Kasey Hunt's house.  She's starting a "photography club" and this month's (our first time "meeting") the theme was maternity.  So we had Sonja Staples and Annette Shumway come to get their pictures taken (they're due on April 20th and 19th, respectively).  I was super awesome and forgot my camera. :)  So Kasey and Valerie Michalek did the pictures.  Kasey's awesome.  She had bagels from Panera and fun music and props.  Alicia and Brig Thompson were there just to hang out, and later on Kendra Johnson and her kids came over.  It was a fun morning just hanging out and visiting.  I love all these fun women.  Talked about buying houses with Sonja and Alicia.  Sonja has been asking me for years now when we're finally going to buy a house here so she was excited to hear that we're going to.

Lila was exhausted by the time we left at noon and fell asleep within minutes.  So I got some lunch and drove around and read my book while she slept for over an hour.  And now, we're playing more with toys.  She's a cutie.

1 comment:

  1. lol that you forgot your camera. :) I have a friend whose son has texture therapy for foods, and it has worked amazingly well. If it comes to that with Lila.

    ReplyDelete