Saturday, September 17, 2011

Good Life


It's 10:12 on a Saturday night.  Jake's writing an email to his boss, Jen.  Lila's in bed.  Mike and Cassandra left a little while ago.  Things are okay with them right now.  Last night Jake told Mike he needed to get rid of these dates/deadlines the two of them had.  He wanted to get engaged by September 22nd (that's when he'd need to return the ring by), but she wanted to wait till at least October 1st.  And they'd been talking (a few months ago) about getting married on December 17th.  It was creating a lot of pressure for both of them, so when Mike did bring it up to her, she felt very relieved. They spent the day together and seemed pretty happy when they were here, so, yeah.  Too much drama, I agree AnnaMarie.  We told Mike this morning stop stop overanalyzing and just have fun today.

Thursday turned out to be a good day.  Emily and I (and Lila) went to Kohl's, Target, and Payless to get some clothes/shoes for Lila.  We had dinner together, that Jake had to eat on his way to his meeting.  Emily gave Lila a bath, we Skyped with Mom and Dad.  And then Jake came home at 9:30 instead of midnight!  They had Stake Priesthood Leadership Training that night and didn't reconvene after the meeting.  I was so happy, and so was he.  And even though we were both tired and had the opportunity to go to bed early, we were up till midnight.  We always do that.  It was a really nice treat, for him to be home that early.  He got to see Lila for a little bit before she went to bed, too.

Yesterday afternoon Lila and I went to the nearby cider mill with Kate and baby George.  It's like a mile away from our house, which is pretty cool.  They have yummy donuts there. :)  So we ate donuts and visited for quite some time.  Lila walked around, pet the farm dog there, and was pretty whiney most of the time, actually.  Kate came over for a little while after that, till it was time for our husbands to come home.  I think it's so awesome that they live in our neighborhood.  I think we'll become very close, especially as George gets older and likes playing with kids.  Next summer will be fun, I'm sure we'll be playing lots together... especially because there aren't many other SAHM's in the neighborhood.

For dinner we picked up some food at Menna's Joint.  Lila fell asleep on the way there, so we got it to go.  Jen Randall (Jake's boss and the YW President at church) and her family (husband Sean and boys Reid (12) and Mackenzie (6)) came over for green smoothies after that and were here till 9:45.  Lila had a BLAST running around after them and they were really good with her.  I think motherhood probably becomes easier in a lot of ways once your kids are older and can play together.  Right now I'm Lila's only entertainment during the day.  It was a nice visit.  I really like them.  She told Jake at work that she thinks I'm very gifted at public speaking, that we both did a great job at the Standards Night.

Jake and I were up past midnight again, as usual.  Emily got home from the YSA Conference that the branch is hosting.  She actually helped plan it.  So we talked to her about that, and we were also talking to Mike on the phone too.

Today was good.  Lila slept great last night, which means we did too.  Relatively, anyway.  It's always relative when I'm pregnant.  She slept great except for when she fell off the bed.  Woops.  We haven't gotten a bed rail for her yet, we just stack pillows up, but I guess that didn't work.

We were up early.  Went to Kohl's to get jeans and some long-sleeved shirts for Jake.  He really doesn't like shopping.  I told him that if I could know exactly what would fit him and what wouldn't, I would do all of his shopping for him.  He appreciated that.  Lila was pretty cranky at Kohl's.  We also got her some more long-sleeved shirts and a sweatshirt.  I thought that since her summer clothes were all 3T, she'd be in that for the fall too, but she's in 2T for fall clothes, because her limbs aren't long enough.  She loves her new shirts, they have butterflies and monkeys on them.  She thinks that's really cool.

From there we stopped at some neighborhood garage sales on the way to the farmer's market.  I got some maternity pants (awesome!) and some baby boy clothes and a shirt for Lila.  Came home, Lila went down for a nap, and we worked out in the yard.  Pulled the rest of the flowers out so that we can plant grass in the spring.  Good to have that taken care of.

Lila likes just going for walks now, walking next to me down the road.  So we did that a few times this afternoon.  After dinner we had another camp fire at Terie's.  After that, Mike and Cassandra came over and we spent the whole time playing with and laughing at Lila, how cute she is.  And now here we are.  Another week over.


2 comments:

  1. I think you'll always look back on this time with just Lila as so special. That's how I feel about my time with just Katie. I'm so happy to have Jane, and agree it's much easier for them to have each other to play with (Katie drives me bonkers some days while Jane's napping!) when Jared & Lila are older. And born, in Jared's case. I know she'll be a great big sister! My SIL was saying how her kids weren't that excited that they were going to have another baby (#4) and I think that's so sad...and mostly the parents' faults, if I'm judging them. :) The cider mill sounds really fun.
    You should check Once Upon a Child for a bedrail; they usually have them for around $6 (for a single-side one).
    I love that Lila's excited about her new clothes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I keep feeling lately like I really need to enjoy the time with just Lila. I know I'll miss it someday. I think I'm so blessed to have had this time with her.

    We don't have a Once Upon a Child here, but we do have other consignment shops. I'll have to call and ask if they have any.

    ReplyDelete