Monday, March 21, 2011

Solo Church, A Chat with Kalina

Yesterday was a little rough.  I woke up feeling worse than I did on Saturday.  I had a cough and my lungs hurt.  Jake left for Coldwater at 7:30.  I did my best to get us to church on time, but we were 10 minutes late.  Jake usually gets Lila ready for church (changes her diaper, dresses her, etc.).  I really missed having him around yesterday--he does help me so much!  I thought about leaving after Sacrament Meeting, and I don't know why I didn't... I felt awful and wasn't really needed in Primary, but for whatever reason I stayed the whole time.  Lila liked crawling around and watching all the kids and played with my keys too.   She fell asleep in the car and slept for 40 minutes.  We had lunch and Skyped with my parents.  I love how they'll Skype with me when Jake's not home and we're bored.  Lila loves watching my parents and their dog.  My mom played peek-a-boo with her over the computer and she giggled.  She danced when my parents put on some Beatles music too.

Jake got home at around 3:15.  I started dinner, we talked to Mike on the phone.  Kalina was at church yesterday.  (She's been to church only 3 times since the divorce; seems like she's just been going once a month.)  She approached Mike between 2nd and 3rd hours and asked him how he's doing, and he said, "I'm fine."  And kind of gave her a look like, "I don't want to talk right now."  He was talking with one of his YM at the time.  So during 3rd hour she texted him and said something like, "Every night before bed I have conversations with you, so I thought today maybe we could talk in real life."  And then she explained that she's found out she's allergic to gluten and that may have affected the happiness level in their marriage.  She said that she won't approach him again and is sorry if she bothered him.  Mike's been thinking the past week, and feels like the Spirit has been telling him that he needed to somehow tell Kalina that he's forgiven her... that she probably needs to hear that from him in order to get some healing and make progress.  So, he texted back and said they could talk after church.

They sat down and Kalina starts apologizing and crying.  Said that she can't believe she did what she did to him and she doesn't know how he could ever forgive her.  He reassured her several times that he has forgiven her.  She told him that she realizes that even though she was physically there during their marriage, she was never really emotionally there for him and feels horrible about it.  At this point, Mike did have some feelings and wondered where this was going, but then he asked where she's at spiritually.  She said that she has ups and downs and that it's been difficult lately.  That reaffirmed to him that he's on the right path... because he wants/needs a wife who is spiritually solid, and he thought of Cassandra and how awesome she is spiritually.  She said that she wants to go to BYU now and is slowly working towards that.  She asked how his family is doing.  He briefly said something about how Jim and Angela came over for dinner the other night but left it at that.  He said, "She doesn't get to know about how awesome and adorable Lila is now, or about how you and Jake scheme with me all the time."  And that's fine.  But, what a crazy weekend for Mike.

We had spaghetti for dinner and Lila enjoyed sucking on the noodles.  We had cornbread and fruit too.  After dinner Jake and Lila took a nap.  Lila slept for an hour and Jake slept for 2.  Lila did some pretty enthusiastic walking between Jake and I in the evening; she was almost running.  Lila went to bed pretty late, because of her late nap.  Kristen Murphy (Shane's mom) stopped by to pick up General Conference tickets.  Jake worked on more mortgage stuff.  I was a little cranky.  Jake was bugging me. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment