Thursday, March 3, 2011

Panera, Target, Home

All I really remember from Tuesday is that Lila and I met Jake at Panera for dinner.  Originally, I was going to need to go to a Scout meeting at 6, but Rachel Mills called and said she could go instead.  But Jake and I met for dinner anyway because he needed to go to the Stake center before his meeting at 7 to get stuff done.  It was a good visit.  Lila ate more soup from a soup (she fed herself) and even ate a few little bites of cinnamon roll.  And drank water from my cup.  Lots of older women thought she was so cute and waved/talked to her from their tables.  She had only taken one nap that day, in the morning, so by the time we got home she was ready for bed.  I think she was asleep around 7:30.

By 10:00, I could barely keep my eyes open, and was getting a headache, so I laid down (and fell asleep) till Jake got home at 11:15.  We visited till midnight.  Oh, now that it's "public" I guess I can write it in my journal now... President Anderson, our Stake president, was recently called to be the new mission president for the Colorado Springs mission (the same mission that Shane Murphy is currently serving in; Pres. Anderson will probably send him home in July).  He reports to the MTC on June 23rd.  The Stake conference where the new presidency will be called is on April 10th, so on April 9th all the interviews will take place.  Jake and I will be interviewed, too, but typically the Stake Clerk doesn't get released when a presidency is reorganized.  Jake's excited about the new changes.

Yesterday Lila was up before 7:00 but was down for a nap before 10 and slept for almost 2 hours.  I even got to nap for a little bit, too.  After lunch (macaroni and cheese--she even ate a few little bites, and drank water from my cup too... and she even sucked on a piece of chocolate for a while!) we picked Emily up and went to Target.  Got a few things from Annette and Desiree's baby shower registries.  Oh gosh, I want another baby so bad :)  It's so much fun shopping for baby things... and remembering how exciting everything was around this time a year ago, waiting for Lila to come.  Lila sucked on a potato chip while shopping.  After that we went to Emily's apartment and hung out there till we looked at houses.  It's nice to get out of our apartment, especially on days Lila only takes one nap.  I was showing Emily the houses we were going to look at that day, and we looked over at Lila and she had taken out a chocolate chip cookies from a Ziploc bag on  the couch and was "eating" it.  So funny!

We saw three houses last night.  The first had a woodsy (more like a swampy) backyard that Jake's into, but it needs a lot of updating.  The second house, I just love.  I love it!  Jake likes it too.  I think it might be "the one."  But we're going to sleep on it for a little while and come up with some questions, and maybe look at one or two more houses.  I think it'll be hard for us to officially commit to a house, just because this is such a big step for us to take.  The third house was really expensive and lame.  We headed home, put Lila to bed, and then talked for a while about houses, looked for more houses online, and then watched an episode of Parks and Rec.  And still made it to bed around 11.  (It's nice when Lila goes to bed a little earlier.)

Today has been boring.  We drove Jake halfway to work, because we forgot to pick up his car last night after looking at houses.  One of Jake's concerns about this house that I like is that there's not room in the backyard for him to build a go-cart track.  :\  I think he's serious,  too. Lila's morning nap was only 20-30 minutes long, and then she fought her afternoon nap for a while but has been sleeping for over an hour now.  We read books and I tickled and played with her for a while.  She laughs when we through things at her (soft things, like socks) and hit her (gently) with pillows.

1 comment:

  1. Yay! A go cart track! Your house will be the place to be! :)

    ReplyDelete