Tuesday, July 19, 2011

16w 5d - More Thoughts

I'm getting more and more excited about this pregnancy as the weeks go by.  I'm starting to really feel like this pregnancy is here to stay and that at the end of it, I will have another child.  It's still pretty scary for me to think about being the mom to two kids, day in and day out.  I think the first 3-4 months I'll be in survival mode.  But, I'm really excited about having two kids.  I'm really, really excited for the ultrasound, to see the baby, and to find out if it's a boy or a girl.  I think having a boy would be a lot of fun.  I used to be scared of having a boy, but now I think it would be fun.  Especially for Jake.  I like thinking about him having a son and I think Lila would have a lot of fun with a brother.  But, I have to admit, that I would just love having another girl.  The thought of having two little girls running around, of spending my days with two little girls... it would just be so much fun.  Either way, I know that Jake and I will be so happy.

I think I'm feeling more flutters, but haven't felt any definite kicks or anything.  I'm really looking forward to that stage again.  But I'm also dreading the discomfort that comes along with the third trimester.  Oh well.  It's all temporary.  Just have to remind myself of that.  Someday, I'll be skinny again.  And someday, who knows when, I won't be nursing anymore.  Lila is still going strong, loves nursing as much as an infant would.  And that's okay with me.  She's eating a lot more and she's actually starting to chew food (sometimes) instead of just suck on it.  She'll get there.  This is all temporary. 

Speaking of nursing, I ordered some bras today because I've grown out of my current one.  I'm surprised I made it this long because it happened immediately upon getting pregnant with Lila.  Oh well.

My next appointment isn't until Monday the 25th.  Mom's birthday.  I also have another appointment that week on Thursday, I'll be 18 weeks then.

No comments:

Post a Comment