Saturday, December 31, 2011

New Year's Eve

What a busy time for the Betzold family! Both immediate and extended. From now on, we will celebrate our anniversary, a birthday, and Christmas all in the same week. This year was definitely extra busy. Mike and Cassandra did get married (Mike was having second thoughts/cold feet just a few days before the wedding) and I think they'll have a very happy marriage.

Last night was their reception. We went, and I'm glad we dud, even though it was pretty overwhelming to me. I was sitting by the dessert table with Jared (Lori and Tracy Boggs did the desserts and they were yummy) and we were swarmed with people, so eventually I moved to a much more secluded part of the church and was bothered less there. I never had these intense mother bear type feelings with Lila, but I also didn't take her our so soon after she was born. So, church for the next month or so is out of the question. It's way too stressful, lol. I don't understand how people can just go up to newborn babies and touch their faces without asking!!  I'm talking to you, Mark Greenwood.

Anyway, the reception was nice. Lots of food. Cassandra's dress was very beautiful; her mom and sisters made it. I was expecting something very simple, but it was pretty elaborate and now I can see why they were all so busy working on it. so, she's my sister-in-law now and that's pretty awesome. Jake and I spent s lot of time visiting with Annalaura. She and Chris are still at BYU and she expects they'll be there for a few more years still. We both really like Annalaura. They've been trying to get pregnant for a while now. She sure loved holding Jared. And she sure loves me, lol. She said that her heart jumps for joy just to see me. Jake and I want to have a Baby party in the summer with all the couples from the branch who have kids now. I think that would be really fun, especially since there will be a lot of baby boys born within months of each other. Overall, our first big outing with 2 kids went well. Lila had a BLAST dancing and running around with the other little kids there. She was having sooo much fun and Jake and I had sooo much fun watching her. She is such a sweet little girl. She was enamored with Cassandra's bouquet and wanted to carry it around all night.  She'd smell it and exclaim, "OOH!  Smells good!"

There was a moment when Jake and Lila were "slow dancing" together and I was sitting watching, holding Jared, and I felt pure joy.  So happy and grateful for my family.

So, things are still going well.  Last night was the roughest night yet.  Jared kept waking up every 10-15 minutes for about an hour or more, having to burp or whatever.  So we're kind of tired today.  We had a nurse over this morning to take blood/urine samples for our life insurance applications.  It'll be a slow day.  We have plans of getting Lila to bed early and then eating junk food and having "date pop" while watching the ball drop.  Looking forward to another NYE with Jake.

A year ago today was Mike and Cassandra's first "date."  Pretty crazy!

1 comment:

  1. How fun. I'm glad you went, but totally agree it's overwhelming to get out so soon after a baby is born. Does Jake have some time off?

    I'm impressed that you guys plan to stay up and watch the ball drop...I'm totally going to bed at 10. :)

    ReplyDelete