Friday, December 9, 2011

My Hero, A Haircut, and Non-Stress Tests

Oh, one day this week I was making taco soup for the freezer, and I stupidly drained 5 lbs worth of ground beef grease down the drain.  Yup, the drain got clogged.  I half-heartedly tried a few things I googled, then called Jake to see if he had any ideas.  I secretly wanted him to come home to help me, but I didn't want to ask, and didn't even hint at it because I know he's got a lot going on at work.  I was pretty bummed out, though.  I mean, I could've continued without using the sink, but it just stressed me out.  15 minutes later, I see Jake pull into the driveway and walk to the front door.  MY HERO!  What a sweet guy.

Yesterday I had another non-stress test (seems like I live at that office these days) and Lila did great again.  She is such a good girl.  Just sits in the chair, reads books, plays on my iPhone, eats snacks.  It took about an hour again, even though Jared was cooperating this time.  Just took a while to get a midwife available to read the scan.  She took a good nap at home.  Emily was there when we got back.  She was still sleeping when I left at 3:30 to visit teach Mary Gleason.  I know old people are lonely, and usually I don't mind sitting and listening, but we were there for an hour and I just wanted to go home and be with Lila and see Jake for a bit before his meeting.  That old lady just kept talking and talking and talking. :)  Thursday nights sure are long, and I miss Jake a lot.  But it's nice to have Emily around.  After dinner we went to the mall so we could both get our hair cut.  We had $9.99 coupons!  I also bought Lila a few shirts at JC Penney (got another $10 off coupon in the mail) for Christmas and we got treaties at the food court.

Didn't get to bed till late, probably 12:30 or 1.  Jake didn't get home till midnight.  And then I was up with Lila again at 4:30 because she was sick... she sure hates those stuffy noses.  She yells, "Bush-ey nose!" which I think means "blow your nose!" but she never actually does blow her nose.  Just gets more mad when we try to wipe her face with a tissue.  Luckily there wasn't much crying.  The night before that she threw a tantrum at 2am, complete with retching and gagging from crying so hard.  That was super fun.  So I haven't gotten a ton of sleep the past few nights.  Woke up this morning at 7:30 so exhausted, but had a midwife appointment at 8:30.  I was dreading, dreading, dreading having to go... and the thought of hauling Lila along with me made me want to cry.  I'm feeling so pregnant and tired these days.  And it had snowed overnight (we haven't had snow on the ground in weeks) so there was that to slow me down too.  So Jake graciously took Lila to work with him and I picked her up when I was done with my appointment.  What a treat for me.  That was my third trip to the midwife's office this week, and I have three appointments next week too.

1 comment:

  1. Yuck, Rudi! That's way too much time to spend at the midwife's! Especially with Lila in tow. That's rough that you're not getting much sleep at night. Good luck with all the sickness, 'tis the season. :(

    ReplyDelete