Thursday, August 11, 2011

20w - Halfway Done!

We have reached the halfway point with this pregnancy already.  It's gone by so fast.  Probably because we've been so busy chasing Lila around and settling into our new house.  It'll be interesting to see how the second half goes.  I'm sure it'll be more difficult.  I've been having trouble sleeping lately.  Hopefully tonight I'll be able to get to bed early enough.  Jake's at his meeting and who knows when he'll be home.  Hopefully Lila gets to bed early, too.  Last night she went down at 8 but then woke up at 8:40 and was up till 10:30.  Oh well.

Today was a good day.  We kept busy so that tonight without Jake wouldn't be so boring.  When Lila got up we went to two garage sales that I found on Craigslist.  I bought a few things for Lila (books, puzzles, clothes) and clothes for Baby Boy too.  That's a lot of fun, shopping for a boy now.  It's fun to see a bunch of blue and green in my laundry basket.  Jake got excited when I showed him the clothes, said that made it more exciting.  He hasn't been as enthusiastic as I thought he'd be, but I think it's because he's really tired too.

As far as names go, the frontrunner is Jared Jacob.  Before we had kids I really wanted all of our kids to have the middle name Ollero.  But on the Betzold side, family names are pretty important. Like the three generations of Jameses.  And Jake's name is Jacob James, after his dad.  So I think it would be really special for Jake to have Jacob be his middle name.  He really wants to name the baby Jacob, but I just can't stand the idea of having two people with the same name living in my house.  Seems too confusing to me.  Jake's parents were actually going to name him Jared, until he was born and they saw him and thought he looked like a Jacob.  We'll see, though.  I'm not completely sold.  Boy names are really hard.

After we were done with garage sales, which were a lot of fun for me anyway, we went to Meijer for groceries.  Bought lots of fruit for Lila.  Stocked up on Chef Boyardee raviolis for Lila (on sale for $.88/can!) and laundry detergent (BOGO free!) and then headed home where Lila took a 2 hour nap.

Emily stopped by for a while to pick up some of her work clothes that she'd washed and forgotten here.  I was pretty tired.  Next week is her last week working at Panera.  She's excited about that.

After Lila woke up, I fed her a quick lunch so that we could head to Jessica Wesel's.  I bought hot dogs today and fixed one for Lila.  She ate the whole thing!  I was very proud!  It was her first hot dog, too.  So I'd say she likes them. :)  She liked the kielbasa in the potato soup too.  She's such a good eater now.

We visited at Jessica's for a few hours.  That was really nice too.  The kids just played and we got to visit.  She's 15 weeks along.  It's fun having kids around the same time that your friends are.  Jarom and Lila are the same age too.

Then we came home and had a quick dinner with Jake.  He didn't leave work till 5:40, so he was awesome enough to sit down and eat with us and be even later for his meeting.  That extra 10-20 minutes just made a big difference.

So now Lila and I are playing out in the driveway and I think we'll head in soon for bathtime and hopefully bedtime.

Additional thoughts on pregnancy --

I'm really trying to enjoy it.  I only get a limited amount of time in my life to be pregnant, so I really want to enjoy and cherish it while I have it.

I'm excited to have the opportunity to have a boy and to raise him to be a good man.  I think of a lot of the most important people in my life--they're men.  I'm excited to meet him, my son.

1 comment:

  1. I agree that boy names are hard. I have a long list of girl names I love/like, but that isn't the case with the boy names. I do like the idea of using family names for boys...like great-great grandfather names.

    ReplyDelete