Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Sonja's Pictures + Babysitting Hunter

Yesterday was great!  Went by pretty quickly.  Jake asked why, and I told him it's because I had more company than usual.  I headed over to Sonja Staples' at 9 to take maternity pictures.  She had a doctor's appointment at 10:40 so we didn't have a whole lot of time.  It was a lot of fun though.  All of her (four) kids were home because it was spring break, so we took pictures with them too.  She's one of my favorite people ever.  I hope I can be like her one day :)  She's so bubbly and cheerful and sincere.

After that we headed home and Lila took a 2 hour nap.  It was awesome!  During that time I edited pictures and ate lunch.  I'm so impressed with her nap taking skills lately.  When she woke up we ran to Aldi quickly to get sour cream, milk, and strawberry jam for Jake.  When we got home, Amber Tracy dropped off Hunter so that I could watch him while she was at work, until Drew got done with class.  I am so proud of myself for getting dinner made on time while watching both of the kids.  Hunter (age 2) did well for the first 15 minutes or so, but then he was scared of Lila the rest of the time, lol... understandably so, I guess... Lila is almost as big as he is.  (Lila is also as big as Sonja's 2-year-old son, Andrew.)  And then they both pooped within 10 minutes of each other.  But overall it was a lot of fun.  It was fun spending time with a kid who could talk and I'm excited for Lila to get to that stage :)  It was really funny because Hunter got pretty excited and hyper when Jake got home (Jake encouraged it).  He was jumping on the couches and Lila got so excited too... she was also trying to jump on the couches.  I've never seen her so hyper.  She was squealing and so happy.  Dinner was amazing.  I made Sister Schill's chicken pillows.  She used to make them all the time for institute and I emailed her last week for the recipe.  Jake had never had them, and he loved them too.  A new favorite meal.

After Hunter left, we gave Lila a bath.  And then we video chatted with Jake's parents for the first time in a very long time.  Dad had hand surgery yesterday.  On Saturday he was cutting sheet rock and cut through tendons in his hand!  Ouch!  And Mom is on spring break right now.  They don't have internet (or currently cell phone reception) out at the camp, but they're both in Superior.  So it was cool.  While I was putting Lila to bed, Jake cleaned up the kitchen and he did a great job.

We've spent the morning and afternoon at home.  We've been cleaning and Lila took a nap.  She likes to play with the cabinet with all the board/card games in it.  In a little bit we'll head over to Amber's for a playdate.

1 comment:

  1. Company does make days go faster. Tyler just started this awful rotation in which he works late every other day, so doesn't even see the girls on his long days, every other day. So sad. I'm going to have to plan better and hang out with more people.

    What are chicken pillows?

    ReplyDelete