Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Lots of Crying, Money, Progress

Last night was rough.  Jake got home and we enjoyed some time together before bed.  He had so much help at the house that it only took 1.5 hours to get all the upstairs subfloor and damaged baseboards sealed.  When we headed to bed, Lila woke up and another crying-fest began.  Sigh.  It was bad.  Thirty minutes in, I pulled the covers over my head and started crying myself, lol.  So Jake took her into her room and she cried and cried there.  I eventually went in and got her and she fell asleep, eventually.  Garrr.

I had to wake up earlier than I wanted to because a carpet guy came over at 7:30 to show us samples.  He was referred to us by one of the restoration companies.  We will be getting the carpet from him.  He's giving us a pretty good deal on good carpet.  We went into this wanting to spend just $5000 on carpet and installation.  Migalda's would've been $6000.  This guy can get it to us for $5034.  Woohoo!  So, that's great.  Here's where we're at:
  • On Friday, Servpro is coming over to steam clean our cement basement floors. $250. 
  • He'll also have to bring the old carpet/padding to the dump.  It could cost up to around $100.
  • On Monday, Jake will seal the basement floors. (Jake spent $160 at Lowe's last night on supplies to do the upstairs floors.  He'll have to purchase additional sealant for the basement.)
  • On Monday, Modernistic will be cleaning the air ducts.  $350.
  • Hopefully, sometime before Wednesday, an independent contractor will replace the peed-on OSB floor. ~$350. 
  • Wednesday, the carpet will be installed. $5034.
Jake and I are so, so excited to have the carpets installed and to move in. :)

This morning after Jake left, Lila had another cry-fest.  She was exhausted but would get so upset when I tried to lay her in bed or to rock her in the chair.  So after I almost burst into tears again, I said a prayer that Lila would calm down and fall asleep and that I would have the Spirit with me and be patient with her.  During the cry-fest, I called the doctor to make an appointment because I wanted to make sure she didn't have an ear infection.  They fit me in at 11:20.  So I walked her around her room for a while and talked to her.  I was holding her against me in a hug like way, like she would be in an Ergo, and she fell asleep with her head on my shoulder, which had her brown/pink fuzzy blanket on it.  Cute.  But every time I tried to sit down in the chair with her, she woke up and cried.  So eventually I laid down with her in bed without her waking up.

I hated to wake her up, because she was out cold, but I did at around 10:50.  At that time, Kari and Hayden stopped by, unannounced, to pick up her breast pump.  She offered to help Friday and/or Saturday.  I finally hauled my baby and diaper bag out to the car and realized that I forgot Lila's shoes (awesome), so had to go back.  It was cold, rainy, and windy.  Got to the appointment 10 minutes late, but no one was rude to me about it or even realized. :)  Lila was really happy when we got there, especially to see the fish tank.  She hated the actual appointment, as usual.  She weighs 30 lbs.  She does not have an ear infection.  Just fluid in her ears.  Doc recommended using infant Ibuprofen instead of Tylenol.  I always feel a little lame when that happens, but now I know.

After that we headed to pick up two stools for our kitchen from Craigslist for $40.  They're perfect.  Headed to the house, ate lunch.  Emily arrived.  We cleaned only for a little bit.  The cleaning party ended when Emily was cleaning the bathroom... she started with a bleach/water solution, and then I heard her spraying something, so I asked her what it was, and it had ammonia in it.  Bleach and ammonia make toxic fumes if mixed together.  So, I kind of scolded her for that, Lila was in the room with her, and she left shortly after that, lol.  Oh well.  I cleaned off the washer and dryer.  Who knew that a washer could be so filthy?  Lila was pretty cranky by the time we left and fell asleep, so I headed to Meijer.  We got some groceries when she woke up.  She was happy at home.  Jake got home and I made dinner.

Oh, I opened the present that Jess sent for Lila's first birthday.  It is amazing.  She found two children's books whose main characters' names are Lila:  Lila Pirate and Lila Ladybird.  She sent those.  And then she also painted the covers onto canvases to hang in Lila's room!  They're awesome! 

No comments:

Post a Comment